We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including FULL FAMILY coverage for medical, dental, vision & Rx. Other benefits include (employee) short & long term disability, Life/AD&D Insurance, 401k, Pension, generous Paid Personal & Vacation Leave policy and career advancement and travel opportunities.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading and motivating the customer service team to provide high quality customer service via phone, email and/or in-person. This role is responsible for creating overall customer satisfaction goals to address any issues or disputes from our members and providers. Additionally, this role is to ensure that the customer service team is productive and professional with a customer-focused approach to delivering a high standard of service.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, but there are some things we feel very strongly about:
Being an excellent communicator, because you take care in articulating your own thought process, as well as critique the work of others.
Understanding the whole business. Great systems aren’t built in a vacuum – they require hard work from extremely smart people across many disciplines and an understanding of how it all fits together.
Great teams are better than the all-star players. No matter how great someone’s ideas, they’ll be improved upon through collaboration.
- Directly staff and manage a department of 15-20 employees.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures along with applicable industry related laws.
- Day to day oversight of all claim’s customer service processes for multiple trust fund clients.
- Recruit, interview, and train employees
- Plan, assign, and delegate workloads
- Coach, Mentor and provide feedback for improvements
- Respond to and resolve complex issues, including those escalated by members.
- Prepare reports on claims customer service call statistics and departmental metrics.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of the claim’s customer service department.
- Work cooperatively with other team members.
- Actively participate in team meetings and training activities.
- Perform additional responsibilities and projects as periodically assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years previous management experience.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 WPM and be proficient in 10key.
- Previous customer service management experience in healthcare/health insurance field.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Previous experience reviewing and monitoring call center data systems.
- Ability to analyze statistical reports.
- Ability to analyze telecom system call flow and develop efficiencies.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, employees and managers of the organization.
- Ability to read, interpret, and adhere to Plan documents, company policies and procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, training documents and policy & procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and act on.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of plan benefits to provide correct information to plan participants and providers.
- Professional, client-focused approach to colleagues and assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to seek out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
- Strong dedication to follow-through on all tasks and assignments.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time operating a computer keyboard.
Customer Service, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Communications, Interpersonal Relations/Teamwork, Organization Awareness, Self/Life Management, Continuous Improvement/Innovation and Change, Basic Technical Competence
Employee Benefits Program
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to five percent of an employee’s base pay.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision insurance; along with company paid disability and life insurance.
- Family and employee care programs.