Member Services Clerk
- Posted: 5 days ago
Position reports to Customer Services Supervisor Customer Records
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education in accounting or mathematics desired. Associate degree in business administration or secretarial administration preferred. Continuing education in computer applications such as Microsoft Office and other databases preferred. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training in related field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To maintain all consumer accounts data, utilized by the cooperative mainframe system, in a timely and accurate manner.
Application for Service:
- Responsible for obtaining pertinent location and personal information for the party being connected in a professional manner.
- Check lease/purchase agreements to verify location and name party.
- Collect or make arrangements to collect any unpaid balances for the consumer requesting the reconnect.
- Prepare work orders and staking sheets on requests for service at a new location.
- Have consumers sign the necessary forms.
- Distribute new account packet to consumer.
- Enter information for service order request.
- Complete meter deposit receipt. Direct consumer to cashier in order to pay deposit and leave forms to go to Service Department.
- Obtain information regarding location to be disconnected.
- Enter information on computer for disconnect, i.e. date to be disconnected, along with special instructions.
- Answer questions regarding deposits or other details concerning disconnects.
- Check daily edits and make service orders when necessary.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as requested. This position will also train as a back up to Data Entry Clerks and possibly, the switch board operator when needed.
Knowledge of utility billing procedures, experience-using utility billing software and printing a variety of reports.
Ability to use a computer including Microsoft Office Suite (such as Word and Excel) and have a high level of comfort diagnosing problems when software or hardware does not function properly.
Possess basic skills in accounting, including basic mathematics and algebra.
Ability to effectively use a 10-key calculator, keyboard, and other office equipment.
Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work daily without a great deal of supervision.
Ability to create and print computer generated reports and accurately explain information to customers and co-workers.
Ability to work well with the public and cooperatively with other staff and departments.
Ability to effectively solve problems and deal with conflict in stressful situations at times.
Demonstrate record of good work attendance.
Ability to be flexible and a team player.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL ABILITIES
Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with one half hour for lunch. The employee is required to work odd and unusual hours, including Saturdays, Sundays, holidays or evening and/or night shifts in the event of emergencies and/or pre-arranged work whenever called upon. Work is performed in an office setting. Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various office machinery. This position also requires good listening skills. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.REMARKS
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as requires. This Company has the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implies contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Southwest Louisiana Electric Membership Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Southwest Louisiana Electric Membership Corporation