- Posted: over a month ago
The Operations Supervisor provides leadership and support to all personnel in accordance with hotel standards, policies and procedures; ensuring guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train all Front Desk Staff to company standards, brand standards and portals, PM system and operations.
- Motivate team to meet brand goals and SWHM expectations.
- Responsible for completing all new hire orientation.
- Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Responsible for understanding, training, implementing hotel emergency procedures.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Ability to properly communicate to guest regarding issues, disputes, disturbances and special requests and able to independently problem solve.
- Work with team to forecast and yield manage rates to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Maintain requirements associated with Guest Rewards and Loyalty Program.
- Work in conjunction with Sales to make sure Group Rooms are managed properly.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping and Maintenance Department to improve guest service and foster cross departmental communication.
- Respond to feedback on all Social Review sites.
- Assist in maintaining and up keeping time punches and records in Time & Attendance System.
- Assist GM / AGM in disciplinary procedures.
- Assist in conducting staff meetings.
- Train and monitor Front Office personnel on all participating marketing and sales programs.
- Accurately manage Accounts Receivables and all other accounting records as required.
- Remain current in all updates in regards to brand standards, new procedures and required training.
- Taking initiative and having a positive attitude to help increase work place productivity.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and cover shifts when needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Report to work on time, in professional and clean attire.
- Monitors Front Office and stationary supplies.
- Any other task or duty that is required by the hotel, the GM, or SWHM
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, with efficiency and under time constraints.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working in guest rooms.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Follow directions thoroughly and work with minimal supervision.
Skills, Educational Background, Experience and Basic Expectations:
- Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration,
- Minimum 2 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Able to organize, plan ahead and manage workload.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fastpaced environment.
- Excellent communication & presentation Skills
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to keep confidences and keep work confidential.
- Proficient on Microsoft Programs.
Southwest Hospitality Management LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Southwest Hospitality Management LLC