We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the internal project planning and execution for learning projects.
- Participate in the prioritization of learning projects and assist the development Team in capacity planning
- Responsible for filing out all learning project documentation/reports in a common repository file directory (i.e., SharePoint, SWAfluence, etc.)
- Responsible for creation and visualization of assists that support learning projects (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Continually assess project needs and resources to move projects through the learning solution lifecycle
- Proactively monitors risk, issues and scope ensuring the appropriate level or priority, visibility and escalation
- Conduct bi-monthly project status meetings to ensure projects are executing to plan
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Progress towards degree, major/minor in Project Management, Education Training, Workplace Learning, Instructional Design, Learning and Development.
Minimum junior level.
To be eligible must be currently enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 credit hours).
Maintained 2.75 or above cumulative GPA.
- Strong interest in Training and/or Project Management as a career
- Awareness to adult learning principles preferred
- Experience with Instructional Design methodologies
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Problem solving ability and strong written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to function as part of a Team
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines
- Works well in a culture that is open, direct, respectful, courteous and compassionate
- Quick learner, self-motivated, team oriented, with a sense of humor
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
"Why Southwest Airlines" essay (Length determined by author).
Letters of Recommendation.
Full time - 40 hours per week.
$15.00 per hour + flight privileges
This position is located in Dallas, Texas at the Southwest Airlines Training and Operational Support (TOPS) building.
In order to apply you submit your application online at
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID 2019-30831
\# of Openings 1
Post Ending Date 9/15/2019
Department 11-SWA University
It is also the policy of Southwest Airlines to provide equal opportunity to all individuals and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status.