Bus Driver - No Experience / Paid Training / Bonuses
- $19 Hourly
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport passengers and assist passengers in boarding/exiting the vehicle, which includes passengers using mobility devices (i.e., wheelchairs, scooters, walkers).
- Conduct pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure proper operation of vehicle, including on-board equipment, and report conditions which require repair and/or maintenance on the vehicle.
- Safely perform scheduled routes dispatched to driver per on-time performance standards.
- Follow safety procedures for loading, unloading, and securing all passengers.
- Ensure safe and clean vehicle conditions at the start and end of each shift.
- Safe operation of vehicles, including adherence with all laws and defensive driving techniques to minimize the risk of accidents and incidents.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Report delays, accidents, and other traffic issues using authorized communication device.
- Accurately document all trips, odometer readings, beginning/end of shift, and lunch breaks.
- Properly account for all fares collected.
- Comply with all attendance and uniform policies.
- Maintain good hygiene and a professional image at all times.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Ability to walk, bend, squat for prolonged periods of time, stoop, twist, crouch, reach, kneel, and display physical dexterity.
- Ability to push/pull passengers of all sizes using mobility devices (including wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, etc.) to board/exit the vehicle.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess full range of sense of hearing, speech, and vision.
- Ability to understand and effectively and communicate in English, both written and verbal, with riders and co-workers.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check in accordance with all applicable laws and contract requirements.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
- Minimum twenty-one (21) years of age.
- No DUI or reckless driving convictions within the past ten (10) years.
- No more than two (2) points on K4 at time of job application submission.
- Participation in STI’s Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
K-4 DMV Print out: All applicants must provide a current report of their driving (called an K-4 Printout) from Department of Motor Vehicles. The printout must be no more than 30 days old at the time of application.
Southland Transit, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Southland Transit, Inc. is one of California’s most experienced community transit companies having operated demand response and fixed route services for over 20 years. Our services have been provided under contract with multiple Los Angeles County cities, the County of Los Angeles, and numerous transit agencies. Through these experiences we have developed a high level of expertise in the delivery of community transit services. We offer the experience of a national operator with the accessibility of a local operator.
Southland TransitBaldwin Park, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.