Accounts Payable Specialist - Temp to Hire
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Accounts Payable Specialist primarily ensures accurate and timely processing of assigned financial transactions which may include accounts payable, payroll, and any other transactions as required of the business. Supports tracking of purchase orders and processes payments that come into the company's accounting department from suppliers or customers. This is a temp to perm opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying invoices related to accounts payables.
- Establish and maintain accurate and appropriate records to ensure data integrity and currency. Research and resolve straightforward accounting discrepancies and irregularities in a timely manner. Elevate more complex issues for resolution.
- Follow appropriate policies and procedures to assure that Southland maintains compliance with all state and federal laws as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to analyze and resolve basic issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with intermediate level ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. required
- Able to remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- Works under direct supervision
- Makes decisions within defined guidelines
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 1-3 years of experience.
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that’s as diverse as the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain. Building talent by design is our intentional approach to creating a truly safe, collaborative, and inclusive work environment that fosters growth, empowers professional achievement, and where people are treated with respect at all levels.
If you’re someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we’re looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a strong company and culture where you’ll feel engaged, challenged, and valued.
If you’re ready for the next big step in your career and want a career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an organization that values PEOPLE, SAFETY, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual incentive program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance – 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our website: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug tests, background checks and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this time**
If you don’t feel this position is a match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to keep up to date on what we’re doing as a company.
Southland Industries Inc.
22340 Dresden St.Sterling, VA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounts Payable Specialist - Temp to Hire jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.