Sales Support Specialist
SouthernCarlson Sacramento, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Customer Operations Sales Support Specialist is part of Centralized Customer Operations Team that is involved in all aspects of customer service.Responsibilities of the Customer Operations SSS include managing customer service and sales support for key accounts, working as part of a network of customer operations team members.
The Customer Operations SSS will navigate cross-functionally across Credit, Inventory, Purchasing & A/R with the goal of solving customer issues.The Customer Operations SSS will communicate with customers via telephone and email in the near term and via text and / or web chat in the future.Other duties may be assigned as needed.The successful SSS must be dependable, possess the ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate professional maturity.Key Accountabilities:
- Manage key customer accounts; working with sales associate and customer to ensure orders are placed accurately, assisting with customer service activities such as returns, invoicing, or billing.
- Manage full order process cycle including freight component for customer orders.
- Proactively communicate and develop strong business relations with Customers, Sales, Store Managers, Supply Chain Operations teams, Credit, etc.
- Operational in all Southern Carlson Systems (Varnet, B2B Website Magneto II and Deck Commerce and Huntel technology.
- Execute web onboarding of current customers in their regions to our B2B platform.
- Make quick decisions and provide resolution on all order exceptions ranging from credit holds to inventory availability and shipping locations.
- Manage backorders, returns, and claims.
- Execute outbound calls for specific projects & promotions as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by collaboration of VP Customer Operations and local management.
- Build and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all existing products and future products.
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate strong listening skills, organizational skills with high attention to detail and follow through, primarily providing quick and accurate information to our customers.
- Provide positive solutions to problem resolution customer solutions orientation.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently and prioritize by setting deadlines and adhering to them as applicable.
- Learn quickly and adapt to change and new technologies.
- Motivated self-starter who is hands-on, gets energized by being part of the solution.
- 2 years customer service and/or sales experience, ecommerce a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and Office products is preferred, and basic computer skills are required.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, Associate or Bachelors degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience with any ERP system or inventory management system.
- Spanish-English bilingual verbal and written communication skills a plus.
- Either have E-Commerce experience or quickly gain workable knowledge of E-Commerce.
- Knowledge of various power tools and accessories a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
SouthernCarlsonWhy Work Here?
Great Mon-Fri day hours, competitive rate and insurance benefits, all at a company that is growing despite the pandemic.
With 150 branch locations in 43 states and Mexico, and Canada, SouthernCarlson is a subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation, a Japanese conglomerate that distributes construction material and packaging supplies throughout its locations. The business was built through acquisitions with a “Like and Trust” mentality and a collaborative culture that brings together the leading players in our industry. We are considered an Essential Business and have been growing through the 2020 period and are making great strides toward building a flexible work environment for 2021.
BusinessView all jobs at SouthernCarlson