Accounts Payable Specialist 05/23
- Expired: January 27, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides professional supervision of all accounts payable and travel accounting related activities for the University. Ensures timely processing and payment of University liabilities. Maintains W-9 information and processes 1099 documents. Processes all University travel related accounting activities including travel authorization requests and travel reimbursements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Processes University travel by auditing and approving all travel authorizations.
2. Processes travel reimbursements by auditing against travel authorizations and travel advances, and submitting travel reimbursements to the accounts payable system.
3. Processes payables for payment from purchase orders, invoices, approved contracts, and other requisitions. Reviews documentation and signatures for completeness and accuracy.
4. Creates, establishes and maintains vendor information, including Form W-9 and 1099 data.
5. Reviews vendor statements and works to rectify any discrepancies.
6. Reviews 1099 reports for accuracy and completeness. Processes annual 1099 forms and responds to discrepancies from vendors.
7. Processes direct deposit files.
8. Oversees maintenance of electronic and hardcopy files for all accounts payable expenditures, travel authorizations, advances and reimbursements.
9. Communicates effectively with campus personnel and off-campus vendors.
10. Supervises hourly employees.
11. Ensures compliance with University accounts payable and travel policy and procedures.
12. Works with University administration in identifying issues and implementing new procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Education, Training and Skills
1. Associate degree in accounting or business-related field and two years of accounts payable experience or an equivalent amount of education and experience is required.
2. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting or business-related field is preferred.
3. Knowledge of purchase order system and university accounting and operations preferred
4. Ability to work independently and deal with a variety of diverse circumstances.
5. Knowledge of computer applications and office procedures; Banner experience preferred.
6. Effective oral and written communications skills.
7. Special interest and experience in process improvement.
1. Two years of accounts payable related in a higher education environment is preferred.
Documents Needed to Apply:
2. Cover Letter
3. Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Southern Utah University
AddressCedar City, UT
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Southern Utah University
Get fresh Accounting Accounts Payable jobs daily straight to your inbox!