Southern Tier Brewing Company Buffalo, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re hiring for an energetic Sous Chef with restaurant industry experience who is excited to be a part of our team.
- Conduct daily line ups, cleaning, cooking and line set schedules consistent with direction given by Executive Chef and GM
- Oversee training and hiring processes that encompass the company’s commitment to establishing a strong work ethic and culture
- Use creativity in working with Executive Chef to develop culinary menus for weekly featured selections, private event menus, and occasional special events
- Work with Executive Chef to concoct unique ways to pair our craft beer platform with our menu design, such as during seasonal and limited beer release offerings
- Be a strong role model and supervisor for all back-of-house staff
- Manage opening and closing procedures of restaurant as scheduled
- Ownership for inventory management and supplies procurement
- Respond and address to any customer complaints in accordance with company policy
- Follow all restaurant safety procedures and take on the role of safety manager in advising and working with back-of-house staff; includes focus on hazard control points, sanitary food handling practices, adherence to all safety and health regulation of county health department
- A minimum of 2 years of restaurant industry experience
- Serve Safe Certified
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and/or serious interest in understanding and learning about methods of using beer in cooking and food pairings
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees and staff
- Physically capable of lifting and moving at least 50 pounds
- Ability to hold a flexible work schedule and work in a fast-paced environment
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are looking for employees who share our appreciation for quality beer and want to be part of a premier team.
Southern Tier Brewing Company
Southern Tier Brewing Company, in operation since late 2002, is committed to brewing world-class beer. Our brand mission is centered on quality, flavor and innovation. The brewery has a state-of-the-art brewhouse, fermentation cellar and fully automated Krones CIP and yeast handling systems and has a capacity to brew over 230k barrels. With sales distribution already in almost 40 states, our mission is to be the largest craft brand in all of our core markets. We are looking for employees who share our appreciation for quality beer and want to be part of a premier team.
7 Scott St.Buffalo, NY
FoodView all jobs at Southern Tier Brewing Company