Experience: Requires six (6) months of Class B commercial driving experience. Knowledge of agricultural industry
and related products strongly preferred. Previous Southern States work experience a plus. \
Required: Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate with facility management and counterparts to assess daily merchandise delivery and operational needs. Assist with planning delivery schedules and routes.
- Off-load or assist with off-loading merchandise at destination by dispensing from tank or utilizing forklift and material handling equipment to unload palleted merchandise, equipment and farm supplies. Review shipping documentation with customers. May load bulk fertilizer and crop protectant products into spreading vehicles.
- Perform pre- and post-trip vehicle safety inspections. Maintain mileage and fuel logs. Review and complete shipping documentation including bills of lading, reports, documentation, and automated systems accurately and in a timely manner according to standard operating procedures for documentation. Review all documents prepared by receiving team members.
- Represent SSC in a positive manner through professional and courteous communication with customers and business partners. Review account details with customers during deliveries. Provide information on delivered products and equipment. Collect account payments. Confirm future deliveries with customers to maintain their required inventory.
- Properly utilize and maintain equipment and vehicles. Perform routine preventive maintenance and repair to keep equipment and vehicles in good working condition. Notify supervisor of vehicle and equipment service needs to ensure timely repair or replacement.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.