Southern States' Summer Internship Program is for college students and gives students an opportunity to experience and contribute to our overall success. Students must maintain a GPA of 2.50/4.00 or above and be currently enrolled and attending a college or university. The program offers competitive pay and will extend for 10-12 consecutive weeks 40 hours per week.
How you will impact Southern States Cooperative:
Provide an opportunity for learning and engagement in various functional areas within the Agronomy field. Position will serve in various capacities within each functional area which will allow for on-the-job- training. The program allows the opportunity to develop specialized knowledge, skills, and operational experience for the intern while assisting the location in meeting its operations objectives.
- Requires good written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- Must be team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Computer skills required
- Able to use iPhone and iPad technology including the use of mobile applications
- Must have valid driver's license and be 19 years old to drive company vehicles
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds
- May require climbing, stooping, bending and crawling on a frequent basis
- Possible contact with hazardous chemicals and working in adverse weather conditions (rain, snow, cold, heat)