SATELLITE TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
As a Satellite Technician you are responsible for the installation, service and upgrading of both the dish video and internet services and upselling of additional products. The position requires one to be capable of carrying a ladder weighing nearly 80 lbs. Lifting concrete from the floor that weights 80 lbs. Required to climb ladders as high as 40’. You must be able to work in tight confined spaces, attics, crawl spaces, under mobile homes, and crawling on your hands and knees. Capable of digging 2 feet deep, trenching with a pick axe through gravel driveways, tree roots and rocks. You will also deal with the constantly changing weather elements. This is outside work.
Additional details of the Satellite Technician position include:
• 5 day work week (6 day schedule required periodically)
• Weekend and holiday work required
• 6:30 AM start time.
• Unset daily hours, we work until all the jobs assigned to the office are done.
• Position averages 40+ hours a week.
• Position is paid hourly
•We provide paid training which lasts about 6 weeks.
•Training program consists of one orientation classroom style lecture
• After orientation you will receive hands on field training for 4 to 5 weeks, during this time you will have daily assignments in Southern Stars training program NOVA
• The remaining 8 weeks is limited solo training; we provide you with a company van, tools and phone to use while completing your jobs.
BENEFITS OF SOUTHERN STAR EMPLOYMENT:
• We offer a 401K, PTO (Paid-time off), Health, vision, dental, Life, and Disability insurance, as well as a company provided $25,000 life insurance policy
• Opportunity to receive performance bonuses.
• Professional uniforms and company vehicles are provided
• Southern Star is a growing company in a stable industry, in last 10 years we’ve doubled in size and today we offer more than just video to our customers; we also offer Internet services, home networking, smart home services, smart phone repair, and much more.
• Bi-weekly payroll, meaning every other Friday you get paid.
PAY OPPORTUNITIES WITH SOUTHERN STAR:
• Hourly pay
• Performance Incentive Bonus
• Production Based Pay Available
• SHS In Home Service Commission Opportunities
• Retail Sale Referral Opportunities
ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITH SOUTHERN STAR:
• Trainee – 6 weeks
• Tech 1 – 6 weeks (week 7 through Week 12)
• Tech 2 – Week 12+
• Senior Tech – Minimum 1 year
• Master Tech- Minimum 2 year
Previous experience is not required. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated, organized and possess the drive to work alone with self-accountability.