Are you the next Human Resources Superstar? If so, you’re going to need the skills and relevant work experience to get your foot in the door of your first Human Resource job. Southern Star takes great pride in nurturing the up-and-coming human resource stars of tomorrow. Through our hands-on, 12-week, paid summer internship program, students compete for a unique opportunity to work alongside an amazing group of individuals whose primary focus is managing Southern Star’s greatest asset, its people.
WORK WITH AN INDUSTRY LEADER: Southern Star has a history of over 100 years of transporting natural gas through 6000 miles of pipeline throughout America’s heartland. We are known as an employer of choice in our industry and recognized for safety, credibility and integrity. Headquartered in Owensboro, Kentucky, a city of 59.000 overlooking the banks of the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. Our pipeline system is located in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska and Texas.
You will gain meaningful, real-world experience in key human resource areas; recruitment, employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluations, compensation management, benefits administration and organizational communication. You can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in these key human resource areas with our seasoned and professional team.
To be considered for the Human Resource Summer Internship:
- You must be 18 years of age
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 after each completed semester/term.
- You must be a US Citizen or US person
- Sophomore candidate must be in second year of discipline studies.
- Junior and Senior candidates on track to graduate with a bachelor’s/master’s degree.
- Major in Human Resources, Business or Business Administration
- Plan to pursue a career in Human Resources
- 40 hours per week