- Posted: 18 days ago
Check out our video: Join Our Team
Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center is looking to add experienced Veterinary Assistants to our team! At SOVSC we see a variety of cases and provides the highest level of care using the latest in veterinary medicine in our Emergency, Critical Care, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, and Surgery Departments.
We offer flexible shifts with short three-day (12-hour shift) and four-day (10-hour shift) work weeks with generous weekend and overnight differentials. Various department openings: internal medicine, surgery, emergency + critical care, & urgent care.
What We Offer:
- Sign on bonus for CVTs
- Relocation Assistance available for CVTs
- CE Reimbursement
- Paid Licensing Renewal
- Uniform Reimbursement
- Quarterly Bonus Opportunities
- Generous Shift Differentials
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- SIGNIFICANT Employee Pet Discount (up to 75% off all services + free vaccines)
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement for students enrolled in a Penn Foster program
- 401k w/ Employer Match
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And MORE!
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have at least one year experience working as veterinary assistant or technician (required)
- Have experience in specialty veterinary medicine (preferred)
- Work as a team player in group settings as well as be able to work individually
- Demonstrate strong communication and fast problem-solving skills in stressful situations
- Have a passion for improving quality of life for animals
- Excel at multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Be dependable, trustworthy with strong work ethic and a willingness to continue learning
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide effective and timely support for the staff veterinarians and CVTs, as well as working closely with clients, patients and other staff members
- Provide the highest quality patient care according to the guidelines below in Section C
- Provides excellent customer service including greeting and assisting clients who seek medical services, gathering patient information and keeping clients up to date on their pet’s status as needed
- Follow all hospital policies and keep updated on any policy or nursing standard changes
- Maintain the highest standards of personal and professional conduct as well as being respectful to SOVSC, management and property
- Have excellent people skills which includes being friendly yet polished, being warm and welcoming and have outstanding and effective communication skills
- Accommodate all clients’ needs while being sympathetic, compassionate and professional
- Anticipate the needs of the client or other staff members and act as a liaison between client, technician and doctor
- Answers client calls immediately with care and concern, and if unable to take calls, return them as soon as possible
- Understands when to direct a call to a technician and/or doctor and recognizes when a co-worker, supervisor and/or doctor should be consulted
- Complete provided additional education and training materials as directed in a timely manner
What to Expect When Working At SOVSC:
- Great Learning Environment: Not only will you have the opportunity to see a variety of cases virtually guaranteeing no two days are the same, but you will have a chance to learn from our highly trained doctors, board-certified specialists, and our dedicated Technical Supervisors.
- Friendly/Inclusive Culture: Our team is working hard to create and maintain an environment where everyone feels welcome and treats each other with respect and kindness. We foster team building opportunities with employee sponsored events; such as crafting, hiking, gaming and more.
- Teamwork: Our team ALWAYS pulls together for the best of each patient. All hands on deck, coming together, working as a team even during the hardest of days.
- Quality Medicine: Our team of Doctors and Technicians utilize state of the art equipment to perform advanced techniques providing excellent care and treatment services.
Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO QUALIFY*
Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center
AddressCentral Point, OR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?