**Please note that due to the usual high number of candidates applying for these type of positions, we may not respond to requests regarding the status of a candidate's application. We will contact those qualified candidates to schedule an interview.**
This full-time position's normal work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The position serves in a Floater role to fill gaps in coverage, when necessary, among our SouthernMED Pediatric Office locations at Lake Murray, South Lake, Northeast Columbia, Southeast Columbia, Batesburg, Orangeburg, Fort Mill and Clemson.
General Summary of Duties: Assists nursing and administrative staff with basic care for patients under the supervision of a Nurse Manager and Physician.
- Helps nurses gather medical history information. Provides routine patient care as outlined by state Nurse Practice Act, including following care plans, nursing assessments, administering medications, taking vital signs, and changing dressings.
- Observes patient condition and immediately communicates changes/concerns to RN or nurse manager. Documents patient information for medical record including vital signs and weight.
- Follows emergency procedures including using CPR if necessary.
- Helps stock patient exam rooms and clinical supplies.
- Trained in covering front desk clerical duties to help with staffing needs as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Up-to-date CPR certification.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, including skills in organizing and prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
Southern Medical Management LLC