Junior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Journeyman Network Engineer Job Location: Alexandria, VA
Southern Maryland IT Services, Inc is a small but growing company providing infrastructure Support to our Federal customers.
About You: A hardworking, competitive type with that is driven to succeed with a natural sense of urgency. You are a self-starter with a reputation for being an effective team player, who proactively looks to improve and add efficiency to current processes. You exercise judgment in the decision-making process in order to provide consistent customer service. You are highly proficient in problem solving and are able to follow a systematic troubleshooting approach.
The ideal candidate will be involved with the creation of procedures, identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems, and assuring that requirements are met for new and existing systems in support of engineering and installation. This position provides hands on technical support for the global network infrastructure of a large Federal Government agency. Additionally, this individual should have a working knowledge of how to setup and maintain VPN tunnels, VLAN configurations, wireless network configurations, IPv6 and IPv4 (including complex sub-netting) and network security (Cisco ASA or Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, ACLs, IPsec, and other encryption methodologies).
· 2+ years of network administration
· Experience with enterprise class Cisco routers and switches, installation, configuration, hardware/software updates and patching, advanced troubleshooting skills, including the ability to capture and analyze packet level data (i.e. Wireshark PCAPS)
· Experience with network management tools such Cisco Prime
· Experience with network monitoring tools, e.g., RiverBed, NetFlow, TAPs and SPANs
· Experience with VPNs and other remote access applications
· Experience with wireless network configurations and installation
· Knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, QoS
· Must demonstrate advanced understanding of TCP/IP including layer 2/3 VLANs and routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP and OSPF
· Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Must be available for weekend and evening work if required
· Must be able to document in detail all implementations and projects
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Southern Maryland IT Services, Inc
Get fresh IT Network Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.