Money Minders Coordinator
Please know that we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire.
Southern Maine Agency on Aging has an opening for a part-time (20 hours per week) Money Minders Program Coordinator position in the Volunteer Services Program. The Money Minders Coordinator will have the overall responsibility for the development and day-to-day operation of the Money Minders Program; provides ongoing support, supervision, and training of volunteers who provide direct service and support to older adults and adults with disabilities by making visits to the client’s home regularly to assist the client in the handling of their financial affairs. This position provides an opportunity for making a meaningful impact in the lives of older adults and adults with disabilities by helping them to make connections with vital support services.
Candidate should be comfortable working remotely but also be able to report to our Biddeford, Maine office 2 - 3 times a week.
- At least two years of experience working with older adults, volunteer management, and organizing and conducting training; some experience with financial counseling is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, assessment, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Judgment and initiative to work independently and autonomously with strong time management skills.
- Familiarity with computers/computer software programs including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation to meet job requirements.
At SMAA we work by an established and respected set of Values and Guiding Principles:
- Community-Centered. We are committed to community, which means we engage our partners, act fiscally responsible, and are transparent in what we do.
- Innovation. We learn and adapt to ensure that we are meeting our clients’ changing needs and the changing community landscape.
- Belonging. We foster an environment of belonging and inclusion, interrupt ageism, and empower other voices.
- Client-Centered. We are client-centered, working with our clients to empower them and their communities.
- Impact-Driven. We are committed to excellence, and measuring the impact of our results.
- Team-oriented. As a team, we take time to help each other, communicate on a regular basis, and have fun in a safe and respectful atmosphere.
Please note: SMAA requires that applicants submit both a cover letter and resume at the time of application. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you'd be great at this role, we'd love to learn more about you!
Competitive wages and prorated benefits.
The position is open until filled
SMAA is an equal opportunity employer
Southern Maine Agency on AgingBiddeford, ME
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.