Seasonal Outreach Case Worker - Migrant Health
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers Salem, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. is looking for seasonal Outreach Case Managers who will embrace our mission to remove barriers to care for migrant and seasonal farmworkers.
Summary: The Seasonal Outreach Case Manger coordinates care for our Migratory and Seasonal Agriculture Workers (MSAWs) to ensure that they receive the services needed after their initial visit through Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. This includes referrals for care and specialist services, assistance with medication and diagnostic exams, advocacy for the patient, treatment planning and patient education. The Outreach Case Manager also provides other services to migrant and seasonal workers, including but not limited to interpretation, transportation, and outreach.
Hours: Full-time and Part-time positions available. Hours may vary, but are generally afternoons, evenings and weekends.
* Manage cases of migrant and seasonal farmworker patients who need additional care including specialist appointments, diagnostic appointments, and Charity Care appointments.
* Receive information and communicate with doctors on patients status and make necessary appointments and/or follow up with that patient.
* Advocate and negotiate for patients to obtain services that fit the needs of that patient.
* Serve as a liaison between the specialist providers and the migrant and seasonal farmworker.
* Organize to ensure clients get the services they need in a timely fashion.
* Provide health education information for patients based on their medical condition.
* Make periodic phone calls to patient to follow up.
* Maintain positive relationships with referring community resources/ health facilities and provides appropriate referral to health center and other community resources.
* Interpret for doctor/dental visits for patients.
* Answer phone calls and make appointments for Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers.
* Provide or arrange transportation as needed to/for farmworkers needing assistance getting to community organizations and health center.
* Embody the highest standards of professional thinking, bearing, conduct and appearance.
* Perform other tasks as assigned by Manager or Coordinator.
* Bi-Lingual in Spanish or Creole
* Experience in case management and outreach
* Ability to convey compassion and empathy for patients
* Critical thinking skills to analyze and solve problems
* Strong computer skills
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Familiarity with the community and farms within the service area highly desired
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focus on customer service
* Valid drivers license with good driving record
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers
GovernmentView all jobs at Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers