Health Information Coordinator / Trainer
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers Hammonton, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Health Information Coordinator/Trainer reports directly to the Director of Training & Organizational Development as a member of the Training and Organizational Development team and is responsible for designing and facilitating training and development programs that align with the strategic direction of the organization.
The Health Information Coordinator/Trainer is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of organizational development in the areas of: Health Information Technology, Meaningful Use and Patient Centered Medical Home; employee curriculum & training; and staff development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies staff development needs within the organization on the basis of requests, ongoing needs assessments, and other indicators such as employee opinion or system upgrades. Determines and communicates appropriate intervention based on results of needs assessment.
- Delivers role and skill-based training to a wide range of audiences, up to and including senior executives, as well as small and large groups.
- Develops and maintains training materials, reference guides, and eLearning materials available through a variety of sources. Keeps contents up-to-date in a timely manner to ensure employees have the most current information.
- Participates in the delivery and content of organization-wide EMR training program including, but not limited to, program design, development, and maintenance of training materials in compliance with Meaningful Use, Patient Centered Medical Home and ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
- Manages pre-and post-learning activities, communications and materials.
- Provides support to end-users and addresses questions or problems as needed.
- Measures and reports on training analytics such as attendance, course completion, assessment scores and learning impact, among other things.
- Continuously updates programs based on feedback.
- Consults with leaders on system issues impacting individual, departmental, and organizations performance. With support from others, designs and delivers customized system development interventions to address issues.
- Consults with business partners, delivers individual and team coaching for staff.
- Exercises independent judgment to address specific issues that require risk assessment in line with organizational system objectives, goals, or policies.
- Works with various teams in the organization to identify, investigate and resolve system concerns and issues.
- Maintains training systems as appropriate.
- Assists with various special projects and other duties as requested.
- Facilitates best-in-class training programs to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Training, Adult Education, Health Information Management or similar field and/or equivalent work experience required.
- A minimum of one year experience required.
- Experience with electronic health records, health care data, Microsoft Excel.
- Strong documentation skills, effective problem solving skills, self-direction/initiative, and a commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of healthcare clinical systems.
- Ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers
EducationView all jobs at Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers