The inside sales representative is responsible for creating, developing and maintaining relationships with designated accounts and prospects. This includes fully understanding the client’s business and marketing objectives and an ability to identify appropriate SGSCO resources to meet the client’s needs. This position will represent SGSCO for assigned accounts and/or retailers through vendor content fulfillment and compliance. This is inclusive of initiating vendor communications, securing vendor participation agreements, assisting vendors with content requirements, and effectively monitoring the compliance of retailer requests. This is achieved through the successful collaboration, communication and monitoring of assigned account and retailer initiatives.
- Perform as a vendor consult and liaison for assigned retailer initiatives through all related product requests, contract acquisitions, and related follow-through.
- Successfully and professionally communicate verbally and/or via email with vendors ensuring understanding of required deliverables.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of all ongoing initiatives to serve as a consultant to prospective national clients.
- Effectively qualify sales leads based on conversations and communicate accordingly to Kwikee Sales team for necessary follow-up and conversion to national contracts.
- Effectively implement the necessary tracking to manage progress and communicate ongoing status to meet retailer and organizational expectations.
Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit.
- Manage all communication, strategy and pricing activities for small-to-medium Kwikee national accounts.
- Effectively update/maintain CRM client records to achieve necessary organizational communication needs.
- Meet defined monthly sales goals/quotas as defined by business needs and opportunities.
- Involve functional expertise in all areas requiring key decisions and or at risk initiatives related to vendor and retailer expectations.
- Manage Manufacturer / Retailer customer product/content request lists and ensure the necessary compliance and follow through.
- Resolve necessary conflict or problems putting initiatives/projects at risk.
- Facilitate necessary weekly meetings with key vendors and Retailer customers and/or status reports as required by the Retailer customers.
- Exercise proper time management skills to achieve effective results in planning and execution.
- Professionally own outcomes and authority as related to controlling a successful outcome.
• Keep Manager apprised of any progress or obstacles requiring escalation.
• Keep sales and client service team members up to date on any issues or changes necessary in effectively completing assigned initiatives/projects.
• Facilitate and coordinate with other sales counterparts and team members as necessary on any opportunities within assigned accounts and prospects.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED with 1-3 years of sales experience required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Sales process and closing skills
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office with emphasis on Excel
- Good listening and problem solving skills
- Logical and conceptual thinking skills to correlate job specifications