Southern First Bank Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Responsible for the origination and closing of conventional and non-conforming mortgage loans for bank clients as well as non bank clients. Ability to effectively communicate while displaying the professional demeanor which is identified with Southern First Bank. Various other duties as may be assigned. **This position is 100% commission. **
- Cultivate outside referrals from realtors, builders, and financial planners.
- Cultivate referrals for deposit relationships.
- Assist clients in achieving their financial goals and managing their mortgages more effectively.
- Analyze data and assist clients in assessing possible courses of action and ultimately making recommendations that best suit the client's needs.
- Assist loan processor during the loan process.
- Knowledgeable on applicable computer software systems to include work processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Thorough knowledgeable of mortgage products and services offered.
- Assist realtors and builders with open houses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC, and investor guidelines and regulations.
- Hold applicable licenses, as required.
- Keep up to date knowledge of real estate market trends.
- Answer client calls and take walk in clients to discuss various loan products and qualification information.
- Make sales calls on potential or existing clients as established in marketing plan to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Evaluate loan requests, analyze financial data, and determine qualification of collateral and client credit history.
- Structure loan to comply with acceptable lending practices and Federal regulations.
- Work with the borrower during the loan process.
- Read surveys and appraisals, and take necessary steps to correct encroachments and violations.
- Qualify loan for final approval.
- Maintain contact with loan client, communicating progress of loan and obtaining any required documentation.
- Prepare files for underwriting, loan committee, private mortgage insurance company and investor including preparation of loan approval sheet.
- Participate in worthwhile community activities to network, promote and enhance the bank's integrity in the community through professional, business and community organizations and activities to promote and market loan products.
- Process effective and proven sales experience.
- Attend loan closings.
- Attend realtor and builder functions.
- Follow up with borrowers after loan has closed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma with previous banking and/or financial experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- 2+ years mortgage lending experience preferred.
- Accurate typing, spelling and grammar skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Bank in a positive way in dealing with clients and other team members.
- Ability to adjust to change and a willingness to be a team player
- Ability to work with people.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Responsibility of handling company funds.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to exercise judgment and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to solve problems using combination of intuition and analytics.
- Ability to think and act quickly and to follow procedures.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work with realtors and builders as needed.
- Must be able to work from their auto as well as office and home.
- Fax Machine
Southern First Bank
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Southern First Bank