LTO Burger Bar - Kitchen Manager "Chef de Cuisine"
Southern Culture Hospitality Group Greenville, SC
- Posted: 26 days ago
- $34,000 to $42,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical
Join LTO Burger Bar as a Kitchen Manager “Chef de Cuisine”! This position is responsible for every aspect of the food and BOH staff experience, as well as providing leadership, including participation in SCHG Events.
Job Title: LTO Burger Bar – Kitchen Manager “Chef de Cuisine”
Compensation: $34,000-$42,000, Full-time, salaried, 50 hours/week
Availability: Flexible availability with weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
Our Performance Expectations are
- Provides administrative, project, and event support, when requested
- Demonstrate culinary talents by personally performing day-to-day tasks, producing key menu items, while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Ensure exceptional quality of all ingredients, preparation and plating of food items
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit
- Conduct daily line checks, food reviews and recipe audits
- Ensures that clear feedback is provided to the entire kitchen team and food service staff and management
- Work closely with the General Manager on costing, production and control for proper recipe execution and waste management
- Coordinate the selection, training, coaching, development, motivation, and evaluation of kitchen staff to ensure exceptional food quality and presentation for our guests
- Be visible and active on the line and during events, providing recognition to guests (if required), promoting food, positive public relations, handling special requests
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state and federal Health Department regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment as well as training staff on proper sanitation guidelines
- Have working and basic mechanical knowledge of kitchen equipment; Assess the need for and report necessary kitchen repairs
- Monitor and maintain use of safe food handling procedures as well as a safe working environment by using and ensuring staff use correct food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Ensure proper staffing levels by assisting in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring talented kitchen staff in accordance with the SCHG employee standards
- Manage assigned staff, including scheduling, training, performance feedback, discipline, investigations and terminations
- Maintain current kitchen schedules
- Assure and/or conduct ongoing training and professional development of kitchen staff
- Step in for other kitchen staff as needed
- Attend staff and management meetings as needed
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards
- Participates in SCHG Project Groups
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as a kitchen manager or relevant role
- At least 3 years experience in a similar capacity
- Ability to demonstrate precise, organized and efficient work
- Ability to develop and manage relationships across the multiple areas of business
- Ability to maintain information in confidence, exercise good judgment and ask for help when needed
- Ability to bring innovative ideas to reality
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a complex and changing environment
- Results-oriented and customer-focused
- High School Diploma / GED
- Culinary degree / certification a plus
- ServSafe certification required
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
· Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Managerial math skills
- Excellent customer service
- Resolving conflict
- Teamwork / positivity
- Energy level – Able to keep up in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail Oriented / Thoroughness
- High Standards / Professionalism
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Maintains a professional image, including personal appearance, verbiage, and body language, at all times.
- Warmly greets both guests and co-workers every time they come in contact.
- Actively listens to guests, responding appropriately to their questions and/or concerns. Seeks guidance and/or assistance from others to ensure satisfaction.
- Fosters teamwork by offering assistance to others, as needed.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following proper safety guidelines in matters of attire, utilizing protective gear, and following safety procedures.
- Continuously monitors the surroundings at work, in order to identify any cleanliness, safety, security, or building upkeep issues. Reports discrepancies to the proper department.
- Recommends other Southern Culture Hospitality Group properties to our guests, when appropriate.
- Makes a genuine effort to identify and seize each opportunity to satisfy our guests.
Southern Culture Hospitality GroupWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to build your hospitality career.
Hospitality group with multiple locations in Greenville, SC. Looking to build a talented team with people who love to provide great food and great service!
FoodView all jobs at Southern Culture Hospitality Group