Residential Construction Superintendent
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Southern Creek Homes, a custom home builder and designer since 2015, is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, tech-savvy individual who is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily onsite activities and construction of high-quality custom homes in the Bryan/College Station, Texas market.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the coordination and daily oversight of subcontractors at each construction site to ensure quality work that’s in accordance with timing requirements and project schedules
- Utilize our construction management software to input daily internal logs and manage project schedule
- Perform ongoing quality checks to ensure that design, workmanship, and code requirements are met
- Ensure job site is kept clean and that all subcontractors comply strictly with all safety requirements
- Coordinate and direct the implementation of change orders with the project manager, estimator, and subcontractors
- Represent the company professionally and be able to communicate tactfully and positively with all customers, vendors, and internal team members
- Proactively identify problems that could impede progress and take responsibility for solving them and recommending continuous improvement opportunities
- Solid work ethic and integrity
- Thorough understanding of residential construction methods and sequences along with the skills necessary to successfully supervise projects from start to finish
- Well organized and possesses attention to detail. Has ability to create a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Requires minimum supervision.
- Possess self-motivation and initiative and capable of taking charge and managing various tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Adaptable, flexible, and has a willingness to learn and the ability to assimilate new information on an ongoing basis
- Action-oriented and is committed to doing high-quality work the first time with little or no need to re-work
- Possess efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with operating basic computer systems and programs. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/G Suite and e-mail. Ability to learn construction management software
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate information or ideas in writing
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and ensure that the message is understood by others, and the ability to listen actively to others to understand their message
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel to our Houston office on occasion
- Experience with Buildertrend, construction management software
- 3+ years of proven success as a residential construction superintendent
- Bachelor’s degree
- Base Pay + Bonus Structure
- Bonus Structure based on
- Timeliness of build phases
- Cleanliness of job site
- Utilization of BuilderTrend (daily logs and schedule updates)
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, at the company's sole discretion.
Please call 979.314.5199 and leave a voicemail with your full name and answer to the following question:
- What 2 skills make you a fit for this position? Provide examples from your own experience.
Only those candidates that submit the necessary information AND call to leave a message answering the question will be considered for this position.
Southern Creek Homes, LLC.Why Work Here?
Growing custom home builder looking to add to our already great team!
Family-owned and operated, Southern Creek Homes was formed in 2015 when two brothers desired to reenter the homebuilding scene that they both grew up around. Southern Creek Homes is a proud member of the National Association of Home Builders, Texas Association of Builders, and Greater Brazos Valley Builders Association. We are also an Energy Star Partner and RESNET EnergySmart Builder.
1645 Greens Prairie Rd WCollege Station, TX