- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join our team and help support our talented employees!
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center has an opening for a full-time Medical Assistant in our Multi-Specialty Clinic.
Medical Assistants are an important part of the care team and work alongside licensed healthcare providers in the clinic.
Our Medical Assistants perform a variety of duties to assist in the examination and treatment of patients such as preparing exam and treatment rooms; escorting patients to the exam rooms; preparing patients for examination and treatment by the provider; providing injections; collecting laboratory samples; and performing ancillary tests as directed by the provider within the scope of the Medical Assistant.
Our Medical Assistants are also responsible for welcoming patients and visitors, answering phones, registering patients and scheduling appointments, collecting patient payments, and performing other basic clerical duties as required in a professional and courteous manner.
Skills, Knowledge, & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Current Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification for the term of employment.
- If not a certified Medical Assistant, certification is required within one year of employment.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Computer skills including comfort with Electronic Medical Records; preferably with Evident.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Graduate from an accredited CNA program.
- Knowledge of current ICD/CPT codes.
- At least 1-year experience in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
This is a Full-Time position that is eligible for benefits. SCHHC pays the full employee-only amount for health, dental, and vision insurance.
Employment with Southern Coos Hospital is contingent upon an acceptable pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Employment with Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical/Religious OHA exemptions forms will be considered.
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any candidate or employee. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center is a drug-free, tobacco-free, and smoke-free campus.
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center
AddressNorth Bend, OR
Get fresh Southern COOS Hospital jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.