- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Family Specialist – Gulfport Office
- Required - Bachelor’ degree in Social Work or a related area of study from an accredited college and a minimum of two years’ experience in foster care and adoption.
- Preferred - Master’s degree in Social Work or a related area of study from an accredited college and a minimum of two years’ experience in foster care and adoption.
- Social Work License required.
- Assist with recruiting prospective adoption/foster families who are interested in providing a safe, stable home to children in the foster care system who have special needs.
- Assist with processing inquiries regarding adoption/foster care and organize materials to present to prospective families.
- Conduct home-studies of prospective foster families using agency guidelines.
- Conduct specialized group trainings to prepare families for adoption/foster care of children with special needs.
- Assess and prepare information on children given by MS CPS worker to present to families.
- Participate in Admission Committees and Placement Committees of children to be considered for placement in adoption/foster care via phone or in person as needed.
- Place children from Mississippi foster care system, and from other states’ foster care system with adoption/foster families in consultation with Division Director of Adoption and Foster Care.
- Provide supportive supervision of the children and family during the post-placement period.
- Prepare accurate records and reports as deemed necessary by Division Director of Adoption Foster Care.
- Coordinate individual, group and family therapy in order to provide adequate resources for the child and his/her placement family.
- Coordinate the development of community resources for the children and his/her placement families.
- Participate in adoption/foster care support groups.
- Participate in at least 40 hours of training per year and maintain license.
- Maintain personal automobile liability insurance ($50 K minimum).
- All other duties as assigned
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Health Insurance
- Employer paid Life, AD&D & LTD
- Elective Family Health Insurance and Employee/Family Dental, Vision and Life, etc.
- Pension Plan
- Paid vacation days
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Training and CE Credits for Licensure Requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- LSW or LMSW (Required)
Work Location: One locationI
Southern Christian Services for Children & Youth
11975 Seaway RdGulfport, MS
GovernmentView all jobs at Southern Christian Services for Children & Youth