Advertising Sales Account Manager
Southern California Media Group - Los Angeles area
Regional media company seeks a self-starting advertising sales executive to represent long-standing publications and a growing lifestyle website. Publications represented include a niche luxury travel magazine and the official programs for major performing arts venues, as well as SoCalPulse.com. The ideal candidate should reside in and be familiar with Los Angeles and able to identify clients in categories such as dining, shopping, theatre, local attractions and more. Beyond managing advertising partners, you will produce and attend events in which you introduce the hottest dining, shopping and attractions to our major hospitality partners. Based out of the West L.A. office, you will be traveling within your local territory often, getting to know the entire local business community. This is a great chance to merge a publishing sales role with both tourism and theatre focus.
· Pursue new business opportunities within your Los Angeles territory. Prospect, arrange meetings, prepare presentations and close new business, with the help of your sales manager.
· Maximize all potential revenue from current clients by renewing contracts and identifying opportunities to expand their partnership, while helping them reach their tourism and local marketing and sales initiatives.
· Be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals.
· Represent Southern California Media Group with a high level of integrity and knowledge and act as a resource for all clients and agencies.
· Collaborate with the SD and OC sales teams and local support staff to identify new ways to build your business.
· Maintain a comprehensive understanding of available advertising opportunities, website information and resources.
· Liaise with the marketing department to assist with the development of proposals, internal and client reporting, and all sales-related materials.
Desired Skills & Experience
· 2+ years in outside sales, preferably in media, advertising , or tourism
· Mac OS and Excel savvy
· Self-motivated and ambitious
· Strong understanding of our business and the LA advertising community
· Ability to deliver accurate, professional work under tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
About Southern California Media Group
Southern California Media Group proudly publishes WHERE Magazine, WHERE Guestbook, PERFORMANCES Magazine and various travel, theater and electronic publications for Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego, as well as SoCalPulse.com.
Southern California Media Group also offers expert custom publishing services including design, production and sales in various languages. Southern California Media Group are recipients of various awards in publication excellence.
Functions: Outside Sales
Industries: Advertising, Travel, Performing Arts, Publishing, Marketing
Compensation: salary, commission, bonus, life, health and dental insurance, profit sharing, cellphone and car allowance
Please do not apply if you do not currently reside in the Los Angeles area.
Southern California Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.