Security Officer (Full-Time NIGHTS)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Security Officer provides a safe and secure environment for hospital patients, visitors, employees, and physicians. Performs monitoring and surveillance activities in hospital buildings, surrounding grounds and parking areas. Uses good judgment to resolve issues and inquiries appropriately.
- Follows all post orders for assigned post. Responds to all emergency situations. Investigates and completes written reports on incidents and reports incidents to appropriate parties. Maintains appropriate contact with dispatcher.
- Monitors patients and visitors and enforces visiting hours. Confronts unauthorized persons, detains, questions and/or telephones police for assistance, using good judgment to resolve issues. Performs crowd control duties.
- Checks exterior lighting and access routes to all entrances and the Emergency Room. Replaces light bulbs as necessary. Removes trash and other obstacles which may be a safety hazard.
- Takes conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful approach regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with hospital/corporate policies and HIPAA privacy regulations.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year previous experience as a security officer required. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English required. Ability to use sound reasoning and judgment to resolve issues. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred. Previous hospital security experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current California Guard Card required. Pepper Spray and PR-24 baton permits required. SAMA Certification within 30 days of hire required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Security, Entry Level Service, Support, Watch Commander, Guard, Monitoring, Surveillance, Inspecting, Acute care