Are you looking for a diverse team of inventors, pioneers, and dreamers working together? Look no further.
We want team members who want to invest their skills and intellect into something that matters-like solving one of the most meaningful issues of our time. It's what we do. At Southern California Edison (SCE), you get to help power the planet while drastically reducing carbon emissions and creating cleaner air for everyone. You're a critical piece of the solution. Are you ready to help build a better tomorrow?
As an Attorney in SCE's Law Department, you will play a key role in all legal issues affecting the utility. We need you to speak on behalf of SCE on complex regulatory, litigation, compliance and enforcement matters, including those arising under federal, California, and/or other state laws and regulations.
Detailed work you will be doing...
- Provide legal support to various leaders in other areas of the business, while collaborating with other Company representatives on decisions that impact utility operations.
- May represent SCE before the California Public Utilities and the California Energy Commission in San Francisco on proceedings involving the development of rules and policies governing the procurement of electricity, renewable power, greenhouse gas regulation and other related energy issues.
- May represent SCE before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in Washington, DC on proceedings involving wholesale power and transmission tariff and rate matters, open access issues, Independent System Operator market rules, and enforcement and compliance issues.
- Draft and prepare regulatory filings, testimonies and reports.
- Partner with attorneys and diverse internal partners to prepare and negotiate provisions of transactional documents.
- Direct and manage outside counsel retained to support the company's legal needs.
Qualifications you need...
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited nationally recognized law school
- Current member in good standing of the State Bar of CA
- In your9th year or greaterof practicing regulatory or general business litigation since passing the bar. Your combined experience can be at a law firm, corporate in-house setting, or government authority.
- Top academic credentials
- Experience in the utility or energy industry or administrative agency practice
- Experience in working with client organizations to develop and carry-out strategic initiatives, e.g., identification of factual and legal issues, development of prepared testimony, legal pleadings, discovery, witness preparation, cross-examination, oral argument, and legal briefs
- Ability to independently handle proceedings as lead attorney in matters before regulatory agencies or first chair-level court experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team including an ability to promote positive cooperation within the legal team, internal clients, and outside counsel.
- Relocation is available for this position, and who wouldn't want to live in sunny Southern California?
- You should be legally authorized to work directly as employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
The people at SCE, don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.