ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
This dynamic position works in SCE's Central division within our T&D Organizational Unit. You will perform administrative and clerical functions for the Permitting department.
Typical Responsibilities :
- Maintaining and updating calendars, including initiating, coordinating, and arranging meetings, conferences and calls.
- Generating reports and preparing documents/materials.
- Reviewing and processing incoming/outgoing mail and email, maintaining files, responding to or routing external and internal client calls/inquiries.
- Preparing routine and confidential correspondence and reports related to the work of the department; providing back-up coverage as needed.
- Place IT/facility requests for any necessities needed by any of the Construction Permit Organization (fill out ordering center request forms, keep track of all requests made and ensure orders have been completed, and submitting supply orders).
- Receive, review, enter and validate all permit requests.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience performing advanced administrative, secretarial, and/or clerical functions.
- Two or more years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Associates Degree or higher level of education.
- Knowledge of work order drawings, construction drawings, and permitting.
- Two or more years of experience managing manager/supervisor calendars, including coordinating, scheduling, and planning meetings, appointments, and conferences using MS Outlook (or an equivalent application).
- Experience crafting and editing written correspondences, presentations and reports with accurate spelling and thorough knowledge of grammar, sentence structure and punctuation.
- Experience processing, submitting and tracking supply orders and repair/maintenance orders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to review any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information Guides at http://www.edison.com/home/careers/our-hiring-process/guides-for-pre-employment-tests.html Please reference test 5206 - EEI BCAB.
- Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s) may not need to retest again for this position.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.