ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Strategic Planning & Power Supply
The Strategic Planning & Power Supply is responsible for the core strategic planning for the company, develops long-term resource plans to ensure California meeting its clean energy future in a reliable and affordable way, manage SCE's energy resources through procuring more clean energy to satisfy SCE's customer demand.
The Energy Forecast & Analytics Specialist resides in the Demand and DER Forecasting group within Southern California Edison's (SCE) Strategy Planning & Power Supply organization. As an Energy Forecast & Analytics Specialist, you will operate, test, and maintain quantitative forecast models and analytical tools, to produce data and analysis to support long-term demand and distributed energy resource (DER) forecast for bulk energy system planning and local distribution planning purposes, regulatory reporting and data requests, customer data and analytics, and long-term strategic and planning activities.
- Perform analytical tasks associated with a large project or a number of small projects.
- Plan or assist in planning analyses, presentations, and implementation strategies for a less complex analysis or for a portion of a complex analysis. May be responsible for implementation of selected recommendations.
- Gather, document, analyze, and draw conclusions on data and information.
- Analyze regional and local economic and demographic data and automate the process.
- Operate or execute econometric models using standard statistical tools such as SAS or Eviews.
- Assist modeling and analysis associated with behind-the-meter distributed energy resources utilizing various data sources including customer specific data
- Participate on teams to support Transportation Electrification load forecasting
- Participate on teams to support the long-term planning tool development and statistical modeling of local load growth for SCE's distribution planning purpose
- Participate on teams to experiment and develop Statistical End-Use modeling.
- Possess knowledge about sources of data and resources available to access information. Accountable for the accuracy and integrity of findings and recommendations.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, or similar technical discipline.
- Three (3) years' experience working in analytical fields.
- Experience with quantitative analysis or statistical forecasting.
- MBA or Master's degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or similar technical discipline.
- Three (3) years' of experience with statistical modeling.
- Experience with basic programming skills in SAS, R, or other similar analytical tools.
- Energy industry experience.
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to a nontechnical audience.
- Effective communications skills.
- Ability to accurately analyze information, integrate people, processes, systems, and technologies, and make technical recommendations regarding project scope, impact, and implementation.
- Ability to make effective decisions that meet business needs while minimizing risk and operating within company policies and all applicable regulations.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, influence, and result-oriented skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a high demand environment.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may not apply to this position.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.