Biller Medical Positive Steps
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ALCOHOL AND DRUG PROGRAM
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community members seeking alternatives to prison for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing residential treatment services and outpatient counseling services to individuals throughout Los Angeles. Offering services with a continuum of care to underserved and disadvantaged populations.
Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs provide Residential and Outpatient Treatment for adults age 18 and over with a substance-use disorder. Our services engage in an evidence-based trauma-informed care model of utilizing cognitive behavior therapy and motivational interviewing. Program emphasis includes instruction on developing coping and life skills allowing each individual to maintain a healthy, productive lifestyle and overcome the stress and barriers to successful daily living. We provide wrap-around services including assessments, individualized treatment planning, group and individual therapy, group and individual counseling, case management and linkage to community resources. All potential beneficiaries must have or qualify for Medi-Cal or My Health LA health coverage and reside in Los Angeles County. Our program services are provided in a multicultural setting with individuals of diverse ethnicities and lifestyles.
Positive Steps is a 47-bed facility serving males age 18 and over for substance use disorder who are in need of residential treatment services.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
While maintaining patient confidentiality and information security, the Biller, Medical will review, track and submit for review, patient service records. This position will work closely with the Operations Coordinator to ensure billing accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all intake billing related documentation in SAGE: CalOms, Financial Eligibility, Treatment Authorization, ICD 10 codes, Client Consent, and Clinical contact information
- Verify timely completion and data entry of treatment notes to ensure accurate billing claims
- Verify essential treatment note information (i.e. units of services, time start and end time)
- Daily, weekly, and monthly review and data entry of billable services
- Develops, records, and distributes monthly reports, and/or general information as needed
- Generates treatment services in SAGE and submit to Program Manager or designee
- Monitor and review denied claims and resubmit treatment services
- Maintain and store all billing supportive documentation as required by State guidelines
- Assists in maintaining confidential files in both physical and electronic forms
- Assists management in reconciling data
- Provides general office support including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling ASAM assessments, faxing, scanning and taking staff meeting minutes
- Other duties as required to meet program goals, subject to change as needed
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School or GED with strong math skills
- 1 year of experience with Medi-Cal billing and/or data entry experience
- Understand billing and coding language
- Strong Computer literacy, familiar with Database entry; Microsoft operating systems including: Office, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organized and meets established deadlines
- Good typing skills including 10 keys
- Associate Degree or medical coding certificate
- Familiar with SAGE billing/database
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc.