Loan Administrative Assistant I/II-AR and MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Serves as administrative support to loan officer. Performs various duties including processing applications, preparing loan documents and general ledger tickets, and assisting with loan closings. Provides excellent customer service to Bank’s customers through loan process. Preferred locations for this position are Little Rock, AR, or Madison, MS or Hernando, MS.
- Prepares and customize various documents/forms/letter associated with loans; turndown letters, financial statements, release letters and liens on loans, amendments on real estate loans, transfer of title forms, Letters of Credit, etc. assuring bank policies and procedures, and compliance issues are met.
- Evaluates and proofs all set up sheets for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to Loan Processing.
- Schedules customer appointments and conduct loan closings. Prepare loan disbursement checks. Provide all completed loan documents to loan administration in a timely manner.
- Provides excellent customer service, answering customer's questions and concerns. Greet and direct all customers entering the area to their proper bank destination. Assist customers by notarizing documents.
- Answers any incoming phone calls to the department as needed.
- Provides walk-in loan customers with the proper application to suit their loan request
- Reviews applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Pulls credit reports on all application and renewals.
- Creates and balances all loan tickets from the set-up sheet data.
- Proofs read new/renewed loan documentation and performs file maintenance to existing accounts.
- Reviews loan exception reports and loan to value reports. Provides needed documentation to clear exceptions and correspond with customers on behalf of Loan Officer.
- Assists officer by reviewing past due and loans maturing lists. Sends letters to past due customers. Prepares set up documents for renewals and close renewed loans.
- Orders appraisals, title work etc. to complete loan documentation.
- Coordinates with title companies and mortgage operations division to schedule closings, provides information, etc.
- May prepare loan advances on draw loans and follow up on past due loans.
- Participates in a team effort to cross-sell other bank services and products
- Maintains a high level of cooperation and rapport with all officers and other employees
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience
Loan Administrative I: High School education or equivalent; minimum one years of experience in banking or lending.
The pay for Loan Administrative I position begins at $15.00 per hour. Pay is dependent on applicant’s relevant experience. Our comprehensive compensation includes salary, benefits, and an annual bonus.
Loan Administrative Assistant II: High School education or equivalent; minimum three years of experience in banking or lending.
The pay for this Loan Administrative Assistant II begins at $15.78 per hour. Pay is dependent on applicant’s relevant experience. Our comprehensive compensation includes salary, benefits, and an annual bonus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of the different types of loans and loan documents including all commercial and agricultural loans
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work independently
- Requires great attention to detail, ability to recall, and good organizational skills.
- Strong customer relations skills and ability to communicate effective
- Ability to anticipate problems and use sound judgment, resourcefulness to resolve
- Strong computer skills including proficient with MS Office
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, to talk, and to hear. Must occasionally stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. May be required to lift or move up to 10 pounds occasionally
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What we offer our employees:
A positive impact on Your Future:
- 401(k)/Roth plan with immediate eligibility and employer match up to 6%
- Employee stock ownership plan
- 1% employee home loan
- Credit and housing counseling as well as free financial education tools available to customers and employees
Benefits to improve your health:
- No deductible medical insurance plan
- Dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
The opportunity to nurture your well-being:
- Paid holidays for full-time staff
- Bonus plan for all full-time staff
- Opportunity for merit raises
- Employee reward and recognition programs
- Community service opportunities
Southern is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
As a Community Development Financial Institution, Southern Bancorp desires for its workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers and communities that we serve. Racial and ethnic minorities, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people are often underrepresented in many financial service industry professions. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
AddressLittle Rock, AR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Southern Bancorp
Get fresh Loan Admin jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.