Commercial Loan Officer III-Jonesboro, AR
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Commercial Loan Officer III manages a variety of commercial loans in compliance with bank loan policy and regulatory requirements. This position also develops new customer relationships and maintains a positive presence in the local community. This position may supervise loan assistant(s) and/or junior commercial officer(s) .
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the loan policy and procedure statement and comply with all provisions.
- Assist commercial loan customers with the loan application process and ensure the confidentiality of all information provided by applicants.
- Perform thorough analysis of proposed loan feasibility by analyzing customer's financial records, cash flow, collateral valuation and credit history. Understand and document the specific purposes of the loan, the source and plan of repayment, and all back-up sources of repayment.
- Decline or approve loan requests based on sound analysis and bank loan policy.
- Prepare detailed and organized loan proposals/credit memorandums for all loan approvals. Communicate with customer for additional information as necessary and when loan decisions are final.
- Make loan referrals to Southern affiliates when appropriate.
- Complete loan set up sheet for loan documentation staff and assist in obtaining necessary documentation for loan closing.
- Review and approve loan closing papers.
- Achieve and maintain required loan portfolio balance and yield as directed by Senior Management.
- Service loans as needed including making site visits to loan customers to periodically evaluate collateral, checking floor plan loan inventory, and reviewing loan agreement covenants to verify borrower compliance. Monitor loans for credit risk changes and manage past due loan payments, including pursuing collection of past due and charged off loans.
- Review NSF list and approve customer overdrafts.
- Review and approve general ledger entries.
- Supervise loan assistant and/or junior commercial loan officers.
- Develop new business, maintain professional network, and establish favorable presence in local community by participating in civic organizations and community activities.
- Participate in a team effort to cross-sell bank and affiliate products and services.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and banking experience is required or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Six years of commercial lending experience including developing and maintaining loan portfolio.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements governing commercial lending.
- Demonstrated proficiency in banking compliance issues is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in real estate and new construction lending is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers.
- Ability to achieve loan portfolio goals, establish business relationships and maintain client satisfaction.
- Regularly required to sit, to talk, and to hear. Must occasionally stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision. May be required to lift or move up to 5 pounds occasionally.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we offer our employees:
A positive impact on Your Future:
- 401(k)/Roth plan with immediate eligibility and employer match up to 6%
- Employee stock ownership plan
- 1% employee home loan
- Credit and housing counseling as well as free financial education tools available to customers and employees
Benefits to improve your health:
- No deductible medical insurance plan
- Dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
The opportunity to nurture your well-being:
- Paid holidays for full-time staff
- Bonus plan for all full-time staff
- Opportunity for merit raises
- Employee reward and recognition programs
- Community service opportunities
Southern is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
As a Community Development Financial Institution, Southern Bancorp desires for its workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers and communities that we serve. Racial and ethnic minorities, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people are often underrepresented in many financial service industry professions. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Southern Bancorp
Get fresh Commercial Loan Documentation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.