RN - OR, PACU, Pre-Op
Southeastern Surgery Center Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Southeastern Surgery Center - Tallahassee is seeking qualified Pre-Op/PACU Nurses and OR Circulators to administer diligent care to outpatients via monitoring, assessment, intervention, and continuous reassessment. The PACU nurse will provide care for post-operative patients recovering from general, regional, and local anesthesia.
Sign-On bonus $1,500
• FLSA – non-exempt
• Full-time, Part-time, PRN
• Reports to Director of Nursing
Enjoy nights, weekends & holidays off !!
• Assess, instruct & prepare patients prior to surgery
• Ensure that operative and informed consents are signed and correct
• Take and record vital statistics of patients to ensure readiness for surgical procedure
• Initiate IVs and ensure patients are informed about the procedure
• Assess patients’ post-operative condition
• Monitor vital signs and other measurements of progress, meeting discharge criteria
• Log all findings in patient files
• Answer patient questions and ensure patient comfort
• Monitor patients for condition changes, reporting any changes to physician
• Perform intervention duties during post-operative emergencies
• Current Florida Registered Nurse license and BCLS & ACLS certification required.
• Candidate must possess general clinical competency in acute patient care
• Candidate must demonstrate aptitude for maintaining the pace of abbreviated patient encounters, keeping the patient flow to two hours or less stay in post-operative care.
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to gather pertinent medical history and provide concise instruction for pre-operative and post-operative care
• Specialized knowledge, skill, and abilities in empirical & practical perioperative nursing
• Advanced knowledge in critical care practice of nursing
• Previous ambulatory surgery experience is preferred
Experience: Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred and at least 1-year PACU or Perioperative experience is required.
Southeastern Surgery CenterWhy Work Here?
Positive collaborative team; with holidays and weekends off!
Ambulatory Surgical Center specializing in Urological and Retinal surgery.
2000 Centre Pointe BlvdOrlando, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Southeastern Surgery Center