Bus Operators - Great Pay & Benefits, Training
- Posted: 7 days ago
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), headquartered in Philadelphia, is the sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a vast network of fixed route services including bus, subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail serving a 2,200 square mile service region.
We are seeking Bus Operator candidates to drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations while ensuring that passengers have a safe ride.
- Great Pay & Benefits
- Drives passenger vehicle while following all safety procedures for vehicle operation.
- Stops vehicles at assigned areas so that passengers can board and unload.
- Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicles.
- Announces stops to passengers.
- Assists passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off bus.
- Answers general questions about bus schedules or routes.
- Collects tickets or cash fares from passengers.
- Reports delays, passenger emergencies or accidents.
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Prepares accident reports when required.
- A real desire to drive and serve the public.
- A minimum of 3 years licensed driving experience.
- No suspensions and not more than one moving violation in the last 3 years.
- Valid driver's license with no driving with a suspended/revoked license over the past 5 years.
- Ability to successfully complete standardized assessment, employment history verification and criminal background check, medical examination including drug screening, and employment interview.
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, split days off, especially during first two years of employment.
Please apply at: https://jobs.septa.org/job/Philadelphia-BusLight-Rail-Operator%2C-City-%2822002100-Penn-19107/710202600/
SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. SEPTA currently requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination at their pre-employment medical appointment.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
Sign up to go to the application