The technician, pharmacy, will assist the pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the pharmacist's supervision at all times. This position should increase customer confidence and loyalty to the pharmacy by providing consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service, and a friendly atmosphere. This role will accurately and courteously express pharmacy policies and procedures to the customers when appropriate.
1. Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing. Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription.
2. Operate the cashier terminal, credit card machine and electronic signature capture device when checking out customers; collect proper payment for merchandise.
3. Provide first class customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting and answering the phone in a courteous manner. Perform price checks for customers and team members, as needed.
4. Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims.
5. Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls. Reconcile daily merchandise orders. Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product. Organize and file records. Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist.
6. Organize and file records. Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to store management.
7. Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPPA regulations.
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.