The Network Engineer is responsible for remote and onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft and VMware.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, access points, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ticket system as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule in ticket system that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ticket system.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, SonicWall, ConnectWise/Automate, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field preferred but not required.
- 4-6 years of IT or related experience.