Southeastern Archaeological Research, Inc. "SEARCH" Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SEARCH is the largest archaeology and cultural resources management company in the world, and SEARCH2O is the largest underwater archaeology program. Specializing in mega infrastructure projects and emergency response on land and water, SEARCH delivers high capacity cultural resource services directly to every region in the US and globally. Since 1993, SEARCH has completed more than 3,500 projects across 44 US states and 37 countries spanning five continents and three oceans. Commercial and government customers in the Energy & Power, Defense, Federal, Transportation, and Development markets have selected SEARCH for more than $300M in Prime contracts and $2.3B in Team contracts. SEARCH specializes in the full spectrum of cultural services related to Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History, Archives, Collections Management, Museum Services, GIS, Documentary Media, and Public Affairs. SEARCHs staff of 200 employees work from 20 US and Guam offices to conduct 300 projects per year and deploy 20 or more field teams per week; SEARCH has the immediate capacity to exceed client and compliance requirements especially in regard to critical deadlines, high-profile missions, and remote deployments.
SEARCH is currently seeking an IT Specialist who will provide computer and technology support to local and remote users for all SEARCH locations and handle all help desk service requests.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Maintain the highest professional image for our clients, coworkers, media, and general public;
- Respond to all request for technical assistance in person, via phone, remote desktop connection, or electronically;
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues (hardware, software, user access, etc.). Perform hardware and software installations as required;
- Follow standard help desk procedures and phone etiquette;
- Troubleshoot computers, printers, scanners, phones, and other peripheral devices;
- Track all software licenses and their renewals across the company;
- Track hardware and their locations throughout the company;
- Setup hardware for employees;
- Assist with IT projects and implementations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cover letter
- Minimum of three Professional References
Other Important Need-to-Know Information
- This position will be based out of Orlando, FL.
- Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States.
- The position may require occasional travel.
- SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health and wellness and retirement plans.
- Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
- SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish
- SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving, and/or employment background checks, as well as passing results from a pre-employment drug screen.
For more information about SEARCH, please visit www.searchinc.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field is preferred;
- At least two (2) years of help desk experience;
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems (W7/W10);
- Ability to work independently with general supervision;
- Ability to multi-task on several different projects independently and on a team; and
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of employees.
- Competitive Salary
- Per Diem (for overnight travel)
- SEARCH-subsidized Group Health Insurance (including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage)
- SEARCH-provided Short-Term Disability Insurance
- SEARCH-provided Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays (10)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions
Southeastern Archaeological Research, Inc. "SEARCH"
TechnologyView all jobs at Southeastern Archaeological Research, Inc. "SEARCH"