The Area Director provides overall leadership and direct supervision of typically 4 to 7 Taco Bell restaurants. This position is intended almost exclusively as support for the RGMs within the area. The Area Director accomplishes these objectives by actively engaging in coaching and direction of RGMs, AGMs, and Shift Leads on a daily basis.
Please note that a training program will be required to be completed prior to assuming the Area Director position. The length of training will vary depending on the applicant’s prior experience using the systems we employ in the restaurants.
Compensation during the training program will be Area Director compensation, as stated above.
- Establishing and reviewing unit-specific performance targets in employee satisfaction, guest service, margin improvement, ensuring company standards in food safety, product and facility specifications.
- Introducing and reinforcing new products and initiatives, and selecting, training, and developing managerial employees.
- Directly perform hands-on operational work as necessary to train new management employees.
- Respond immediately to critical guest service needs, or otherwise role-model appropriate skills and behaviors in their restaurants.
- Ensures effective and efficient identification and prioritization of the root causes underlying restaurant performance gaps.
- Ensure that management team follow-up occurs on the proper actions to drive operational improvement.
- Spend 80% of their time in their restaurants performing the above activities.
*Experience in Multi-Unit Restaurant Management is strongly preferred.*