IT Helpdesk Support Technician
- Expired: October 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a member of the IT Help Desk, you will obtain hands on experience in many facets of information technology in a corporate healthcare environment. You will be responsible for performing remote and desk-side hardware and software support throughout the organization.
- Performs the installation, configuration and maintenance of laptops, phones, tablets, zero-clients, desktops and printers, both locally and remotely.
- Images laptops and desktops using imaging software as well as transferring profile data.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance electronically, in person, and via telephone.
- Diagnose and resolve both level 1 and advanced technical hardware and software issues.
- Research issues and questions using available information resources and advise users on appropriate action.
- Log all client support requests into a ticket tracking database.
- Redirect requests and/or problems to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Performs moderately advanced technological systems support, maintenance, and testing for proper upkeep of systems; may troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex system hardware, software, and network failures and conflicts.
- Track and route problems/requests and document resolutions.
- Participates in the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
- Must be able to travel locally as well as work after-hours on-call schedule as assigned.
- Assists the Network Administrator and System Administrator with tasks such as configuring new users and updates existing users as needed (Active Directory).
- Serves as a primary project member on technology projects with moderate scope and impact; may provide guidance and integration of other staff work. May participate on technology projects with large scope and broad organizational impact.
- Any other duties as assigned by IT Management or Executive Management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associate degree in related field plus 6-8 years of experience in the field or related area.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 as well as MS Office365.
- A good general knowledge and experience of TCP/IP networks and Intel based computer systems (laptop, desktop, and zero client) to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems is required.
- Good knowledge of Dell desktops, laptops, zero-clients, and wireless communications.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Must be customer service focused, have good communication skills to assist end users, be able to prioritize multiple tasks and complete them in a focused and efficient manner as well as be able to follow processes and take initiative where needed.
- Moderate pressure to provide timely end user support.
- Must maintain high level of service while assuring strict security.
- Works and communicates with technical staff and non technical end users.
- Local travel required.
- Quality and accuracy of work paramount to computer operations and clients.
- Involves daily lifting of up to 30 pounds. (*REQUIRED)
Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative Inc
Get fresh IT Helpdesk Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.