At Southeast Financial Credit Union, our employees are an important part of our success. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters professionalism, growth, and opportunity. We recognize that our team is the reason we provide one of the highest levels of member service anywhere.
What makes Southeast Financial a great place to work?
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Generous vacation and sick leave and leave donation program
- Company-paid employee group insurance and company assisted dependent insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Attractive 401k contribution matching percentage
- You don’t work for us…we work for YOU
To provide prompt, efficient and friendly service to members by recognition of their Credit Union needs; assists with financial transactions over the telephone; explains products and services and responds to problems. Follows established policies and procedures for these areas.
- Accepts deposits and drafts for cashing, verifies cash and endorsements, makes change, and issues receipts. Processes deposits and loan payments received in mail. Performs file maintenance for all deposit accounts. Processes credit card payments and cash advances. Sells Visa gift cards. Responsible for balancing cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Assists members with opening and closing all types of accounts (including, but not limited to savings, checking, money market, CD's, IRAs, and business accounts), processes address changes, stop payments and check holds. Accepts loan applications and assists with general loan inquiries. May also process night deposits, order checks and prepare/mail account packets to potential members.
- Assists members in person and on the telephone with inquiries and problems. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and sells services to members.
- Performs other tasks requested by supervisor as they relate to the Credit Union and its functions.
- To work in any branch in the region as needed. This includes changes of location/branch within a workday. This also includes floating to Corinth, MS and Jackson, TN.
- To provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members.
- To maintain and balance a daily cash drawer.
- To assist members waiting in the lobby or on the telephone within a reasonable time frame.
- To respond to all telephone messages and correspondence within a reasonable time frame.
- To answer telephone within two rings.
- To process member transactions with zero errors.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Adhere to all Credit Union Policies/Procedures and Regulatory Requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience - One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
Education - A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills - Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills - Able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard.