The Southcentral Foundation (SCF) Dental Assistant is responsible for performs chairside assistance and related duties in all phases of restorative, prosthodontic, surgical, endodontic, interceptive orthodontic, and periodontal treatment as provided in general dentistry. In association with the itinerant dental program, the incumbent may also travel to rural field clinics to perform these duties.
This position has three (3) levels designed to provide progressively more responsible and independent work experiences. Progression between job levels is based on the demonstrated ability to successfully handle more progressively responsible assignments.
- High School diploma; OR GED.
- Completion of SCF’s Dental Assistant Training Program; OR completion of a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) program; OR Dental Assisting National Board certification.
- Completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required within 30 days of hire.
Additional Qualifications for Dental Assistant II: Meets all requirements of Dental Assistant I in addition to the following:
- Two (2) years of experience performing Dental Assistant duties; OR demonstrated proficiency as a Dental Assistant I at SCF.
Additional Qualifications for Dental Assistant III: Meets all requirements of Dental Assistant II in addition to the following:
- One (1) year at Dental Assistant II at SCF or demonstrated proficiency as a Dental Assistant II.
2. Two additional years (2) years of experience performing Dental Assistant duties.
Employee Health Requirements:
Compliance with our Employee Health procedure is a condition of SCF employment. You are required to agree that you will comply with all job-related employee health screening and immunizations prior to your first day of employment. Jobs designated as a Health Care Personnel (HCP) position, requires that you have documentation that you have completed the following immunizations prior to your first day of employment: MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Influenza, and T-dap (Tetanus - Diphtheria - Pertussis).