Director, Development and Builder Services
SouthWest Water Texas Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST WATER COMPANY
We are a privately-held, American-owned service company with decades of high-level customer service. With headquarters in Sugar Land, TX, our geographically-diverse company employs several hundred dedicated in-house professionals, East Coast to West Coast, serving over 600,000 residential and business customers in six states: Alabama, California, Florida, Oregon, South Carolina, and Texas. With nation-wide resources and local decision making, we are well-positioned for sustainable growth.
Since 2010, SouthWest Water Company has been 100% owned by institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management, which manages over $1.7 trillion in total assets. The investment strategy is focused on the infrastructure sector, with a long-term "hold" investment horizon.
Our owners are focused on the longer term, not simply next quarter's earnings and profits. As a result, SouthWest Water is in a position to pursue a strategy of expansion and growth.
Visit us atwww.SWWC.com/Partnersto learn more about what we do and who we are.
We currently have an exciting and immediate opportunityfor a talented Director, Development and Builder Services who can help lead the growth of our Texas Water/Wastewater Utility Businesses. This is an excellent opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the continued growth of SouthWest Water's successful footprint in Texas, where we are an established water and wastewater utility owner.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As part of our dynamic Business Development team, you will report to the Executive VP of Business Development. The successful candidate will participate in seeking out new greenfield development opportunities and the acquisition of existing water/wastewater systems both private and municipal-owned. This key position will evaluate new opportunities, establish and maintain relationships, and negotiate acquisitions/development agreements from Letter of Intent to the closing of the deals. This is a home office position to be based in the greater Dallas-Ft Worth metropolitan area.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a customer service mindset, an appetite for challenges, and enjoy operating in a fast-paced environment.
As a senior member of the SouthWest Water Business Development team, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing growth strategy and business development plan for our Texas business in conjunction with the overall SouthWest Water strategic plan
- Identifying water and wastewater utility acquisitions and greenfield development opportunities primarily in the central and northern Texas market
- Maintain a high profile in both the Texas Water Utility and Residential/Commercial property developer's sectors
- Partnering with the Business Development Team and Texas senior management in the development of acquisition capture plans
- Managing LOI development to deal close in compliance with SouthWest Water policies
- Participating in the development of acquisition execution planning and implementation with Operations and support functions
- Facilitating communication plans ensuring appropriate information is provided and exchanged among key stakeholders and participation in acquisition status review meetings
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of marketing and sale processes, industry trends, and market place competition
- Attending conferences and industry events to strengthen existing relationships, establish new relationships, and identify potential opportunities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
General: Has demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business. Proven track record in account management, relationship development, project pursuit execution, and closing deals. Must have network relationships and experience working with municipalities and developers; experience with Texas-based utilities is a strong plus.
A high-level of attention to detail is a must. The ideal candidate must also be able to independently plan and execute projects with minimal supervision. Often under deadline pressure, one must be able to work effectively with several projects simultaneously. Excellent written skills are essential.
The ideal candidate must be able to adapt their style and approach to fit the specific needs of the audience. This requires a high level of situational awareness and interpersonal skills so that adjustments can be made in the moment.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management or related Engineering discipline
Experience: 7-10 years' related experience in business development. Experience in one of the following areas; Water Utility/Utilities/Infrastructure/Energy and/or Large Scale Residential Property Development sectors is a plus
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Driver's License: Hold a valid driver's license
IN RETURN, WE OFFER:
A comprehensive compensation package which includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Group insurance package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, company paid Long-Term Disability
- Immediate eligibility for the company's 401(k) plan, company match up to 6%
- Generous vacation, sick time, and holiday schedule
- Training and education allowance
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro