SouthWest Water Company is looking for a Operator in Training to perform routine monitoring and testing of water and wastewater to assist with facility operation, maintenance, and service.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist operators with the performance of all required job duties
- Take and record instrument readings
- Report to the supervisor any irregularities with instruments or their readings
- Collect samples and perform routine laboratory analysis
- Maintain Utility tract through general clean up and wash-down of facilities
- Maintain Utility grounds through lawn mowing, weed eating, etc...
- Perform routine tasks with hand tools (shovels, rakes, etc.)
- Read water consumption meters and record volume used by residential and commercial consumers
- Install water meters as needed
- Locate valves, water mains, manholes, leaks, etc. in the field
- Report to the supervisor any irregularities with meters, meter boxes, mains, valves, valve boxes, or hydrants
- Assist with water line repairs
- Check sewage pump stations daily
- Assist with repair and maintenance of sewage pumps and sewer lines
- Responsible for the safeguarding and maintenance of personal protective equipment and issued tools
- General knowledge of policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to obtain necessary certifications within 18 months of hire (D Level Biological Wastewater, D Level Water Distribution, D level Water Distribution Ceritification) required
- One to two years of related experience.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50 pounds, walk up to 5 miles per day, and constantly stoop, kneel, crouch, and stand
- Ability to work ALL rotating shifts including 12-hour days, 12-hour nights, and 8-hour days
- Valid South Carolina driver's license with clear driving record.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
SouthWest Water Alabama & South Carolina