SouthPointe Healthcare Center, a member of theCommuniCare Family of Companies,has a PRN position available for aPhysical Therapist ( PT ).Our therapists are members of the CommuniCare family, and this is not a contract position.This is a professional position with the primary responsibility of patient evaluation and direct patient care.
The Staff Physical Therapist assumes full-time responsibilities in an assigned facility. In addition to the primary responsibilities of patient evaluation and direct patient care, additional duties of an administrative nature may be assigned by facility administrator or Rehabilitation director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, screen, and treat facility patients/residents who need Physical Therapy services.
- Review medical chart and screen prior to completing evaluation to determine patients need for services and ability to benefit from skilled services.
- Perform patient’s/resident’s evaluation under physician order and develop a treatment plan in accordance with patient’s needs.
- Implement treatment plan through direct treatment, as well as education of treatment staff including therapists and other members of team involved in treatment plan.
- Provide necessary supervision for therapy assistants.
- Maintain professional growth and development by participating in continuing education programs and other approved learning experiences.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical record, facility, and rehab related information.
- Maintain accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures daily.
- Attend/Lead interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members of rehab team.
- Attend and participate in family meeting when appropriate.
- Comply with documentation requirements of rehab department and facility.
- Conduct staff/family training and education when appropriate by formal and informal in-services, as well as consultations.
- Review and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehab, Inc.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Must have a Bachelor's, Master’s, and/or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy from an Accredited Program.
- Must hold a current state license.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate competency in therapy treatment and evaluation principles, techniques, and materials and equipment utilization.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of state and federal accreditation.