Information Technology (IT) Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Administrator is responsible for working with the Technology team of SouthPoint, in keeping SouthPoint’s computer network running efficiently, as well as secure. The IT Administrator will also be responsible for ensuring servers are fully updated, patched and secure. This position involves creating procedures and testing to ensure policy compliance. This position is responsible for the health of the network, servers, and security at SouthPoint, its affiliate companies and related sub brands.
The primary responsibility is to provide excellent service by demonstrating the principals of SouthPoint Financial Credit Union, while adhering to the vision of “doing the right things for the right reasons.” This position must also adhere to the core values through demonstrating:
- Knowledge – Seek to advance and share knowledge
- Relationships – Focus on people first
- Sustainability – Ensure a healthy future for the organization
- Mutual Benefits – Seek solutions that add value to the organization and the members
- Team Driven – Work together for a common goal
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists with design and maintaining network hardware.
- Aids in developing, implementing, and maintaining procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, security, and disaster recovery.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers including email and backup.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Works with Director of IT to give recommendations on hardware and software.
- Assists with management and maintenance of our security solutions in accordance with NIST and FFIEC standards.
- Assists with collecting of information for annual security audits and assessments.
- Installation, maintenance and monitoring of all network hardware and equipment, including but not limited to switches, routers, firewalls, modems, UPS, load balancers, and other equipment.
- Assists with development of network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, related documentation, and technical specifications information.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of end user accounts, permissions, and access rights, including Active Directory and o365.
- Maintains meticulous documentation and diagrams of the entire technology environment throughout the organization with frequent review.
- Monitors and test network performance as well as providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs, while documenting all changes.
- Validation of policy and procedures through testing.
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule, or as needed.
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, and training courses.
- Assist as necessary with Credit Union exams/audits.
- Abide by all Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities for this role.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for serving and projecting a positive image as a representative of the Credit Union to employees, vendors, and members.
- Highly organized, motivated, including setting and working to obtain professional and personal goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to changing job requirements.
- Able to work under pressure, to process multiple tasks concurrently with a high degree of accuracy, and able to interact and maintain a positive attitude under challenging circumstances.
- Function as a team player with maturity, confidentiality, and adaptability including changing job requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in computer science, information technology, or 4+ years’ experience in a high-level related field is required.
- IS/T certifications such as CompTIA Nework+, Security+, MCSA preferred, but not required.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including Cisco, Aruba, and SonicWALL. Knowledge and understanding of Windows, Linux, VMware, Cloud Concepts, Azure, Microsoft O365, and Microsoft Teams.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Perform effectively in a complex changing environment with proven successes in collaboration, communication, & critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills. Use influence and persuasion effectively. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy as it relates to credit unions.
- Understands and is familiar with the requirements and guidelines set forth in FFIEC and NIST framework.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday performing the job.
- Working at computer 98% of the day.
- Repetitive movements, including but not limited to typing, using a mouse, phones, etc.
- Occasional lifting, up to thirty pounds.
1. Works in a typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting.
SouthPoint Financial Credit Union
AddressNew Ulm, MN
Get fresh IT Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.