SouthLight Healthcare (www.southlight.org) offers comprehensive services in recovery from addictions and mental health through an integrated healthcare model. We are driven not simply to offer services but to create and count the number of persons who achieve significant human gain with our help.
SouthLight Healthcare seeks a Full-time Advanced Practice Provider (APP) for our Primary Care Services.
The APP will practice primarily in SouthLight's Psychiatric Services Program, with possibility of cross-coverage and training in the Opioid Treatment Program. The APP will collaborate with clinical and administrative staff to ensure clients are receiving safe, holistic, evidence-based, outcome-driver, quality care in a compassionate, therapeutic environment.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Provide psychiatric assessments and medication management services under the supervision of internal SouthLight Healthcare Medical Director or supervising psychiatrist.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Record physical findings, and formulate plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Discuss cases with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan
- As authorized by the State of NC and per DEA regulations, prescribe or recommend drugs or other forms of treatment
- May refer patients to other healthcare providers for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Provide clinical billable services averaging 3 contacts per scheduled hour
- Participate in quality improvement and supervisory meetings with primary supervising physician and practice manager as needed
- Provide as needed clinical supervision of support staff during clinic hours.
Educational and Experience
- Physician Assistant
- Minimum 2 years experience in a community health setting in behavioral health and addiction medicine or equivalent experience.
- Experience with substance abuse and rehabilitation preferred.
- Experience and interest with medication assisted treatment/opioid treatment program preferred.
- National PA certification.
- Licensed and / or Registered as NC APP, or PA in good standing.
- Current unrestricted DEA registration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General computer skills and ability to use EHR
- Analytical thinking in a medical setting
Visit www.southlight.org under Careers to apply.
SouthLight offers competitive salaries and professional development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro