SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it's a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
The Lead Referral Care Coordinator provides oversight of referral care coordination for patients with referrals to Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital, ANMC, Specialty Clinics, and to outside health systems as needed. Assures that all patient referrals are processed timely. Works closely with providers and case managers in coordination of all patient referrals. Strives to achieve the highest level of oversight of the referral process.
- Plans and coordinates the daily activities of the SEARHC Referral Care process.
- Assists referral care staff as needed, including participating in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Assesses and facilitates referral care flow, prioritizing needs in emergent situations.
- Responsible for data collection as required by leadership.
- Assures all data is input into designated database for ease of communication across the consortium.
- Responsible to address patient care issues.
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of policies, programs, and procedures within the department.
- Works with patient care team to facilitate referrals for patients, including the technical and clerical components of the request.
- Provide prompt feedback to the patient care team regarding issues related to care coordination, seeking assistance when appropriate. Communicates any obstacles or delays and works with healthcare team to remedy these situations.
- Responsible for timely communication and interaction with the patient regarding care coordination.
- Schedules and/or facilitates required appointments and provides relevant escort information to receiving facility; reviews any specific patient needs with patient care team and coordinates needs for equipment or supplies in support of the referral.
- Ensures travel arrangements are made in a timely fashion and communicates all arrangements with patient care staff and patients/escorts.
- Performs duties as assigned in a responsible, respectful and caring manner.
- Assists Patient Experience Manager in scheduling, evaluation, and management of referral care staff. May act as a manager in his/her absence.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of medical office experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year as a referral care coordinator or equivalent.
- Medical Terminology course within six (6) months of hire or other education/work experience requiring knowledge of medical terminology
- Understanding of tribal health programs and referral process
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of customer service principles
- Knowledge of hiring as well as annual evaluation process
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Skill in operating a computer, utilizing a variety of software applications
- Skill in using a database
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to respond quickly in urgent situations with attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and use conflict resolution skills
Job ID: 2019-1755
External Company Name: SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
External Company URL: https://searhc.org/