SouthCoast Seeks a Family Nurse Practitioner for our Pooler Location
Under the clinical supervision of a licensed physician, incumbent is responsible for diagnosis, treatment and management of the patient’s health care, promoting health, and providing care in keeping with parameters established for mid-levels. As a primary care provider, mid-levels will provide services appropriate to their specialty.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skilled in taking medical histories to assess medical conditions and interpret findings.
- Skilled in proper documentation in patient charts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards as established by clinic policies and procedures.
- Performs patient assessments and develops management plans for patients with acute and chronic health problems.
- Collaborates with family practice/internal medicine/pediatric physicians, as appropriate, in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Initiates referrals to physician specialists and other providers as needed.
- Initiates appropriate laboratory tests, EKG’s, X-rays and other testing required for the evaluation of an illness; may perform minor office surgical procedures as allowable by established standards.
- Takes medical histories, performs physical examinations and establishes presumptive diagnosis; documents findings.
- Provides instructions in health maintenance and illness management to patients and their families.
- Assures patient care needs are met and where possible exceeded.
- Documents findings and actions in the medical record in a concise, accurate and timely manner.
- May prescribe or administer medications and treatments as authorized by licensure or certification standards. Discusses suggested medications with primary physician or follow protocols established by supervising physician.
- Assists in the utilization review process and quality assurance programs of the clinic as may be necessary.
- Communicates with and assists physicians, clinical/nursing staff, coworkers in a professional and courteous manner.
- May be called upon to perform other related duties not specifically mentioned in this position description.
Masters degree in Nursing . Successful completion of accredited nurse practitioner program in specialty of family practice/internal medicine/pediatrics (as required to perform duties. Minimum of three (3) years professional nursing experience in a clinic setting plus one year of nurse practitioner experience).
Current GA NP licensure; Current BLS/ACLS CPR Certification.
Certification from an accredited credentialing body.
Competitive salary, health, HSA, dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401(K), supplemental insurance policies. Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, jury duty and bereavement leave.
EEO, DFW, MFVD