SMASH Co is now interviewing for a Construction Manager in Savannah, GA with South Shore Roofing who is seeking a leader to join their cause to build the company of their dreams. Your role will be to assume a position of leadership over their entire Coastal GA and SC roofing operation, and help create the vision they all have here.
Your leadership role is to fulfill our residential roofing production (and eventually commercial) with excellence and energy, follow and improve our streamlined systems and processes, organize and hire more field supervisors and office assistants under your command as we grow, maintain accurate invoicing and change-orders, augment company profits, keep client communication smooth as ever, and ensure near-perfect quality control - all with amazing people.
- You are a natural born leader with a dominant, go-getter personality that gets things done.
- You authentically want to change the world and your mind and experience shows that.
- You are motivated even more when you hit challenges.
- You are ruthlessly organized and you want things perfect.
- You are as independent as it gets and figure things out on your own daily.
5+ YEARS CONSTRUCTION OR HOME IMPROVEMENT LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- You have a drive and curiosity for learning and discovering more.
- You take extreme personal responsibility for your actions and hold yourself accountable to all others.
- You have high self-awareness.
- You have the ability to climb steep roofs daily and carry shingles and lumber.
- You are able to create and fine tune processes and systems as we scale and expand.
- You are self-motivated and absolutely determined.
- You are resourceful with natural intuition and high common sense.
- You have highly developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- You love helping people and providing solutions.
- Real time stunning and clear customer communication with massive empathy, deep connection, and represent our values the best.
- Hire, lead, manage, and schedule your field supervisors and any administrative assistants.
- Assure that all materials, workmanship, and construction are in full compliance with the contract plans, company guidelines, IRC or IBC code, and manufacturer installation specifications.
- Log and report installation errors to crew leaders for correction, coaching, and to manage punch.
- Production Workflow spreadsheet is used throughout the day and updated in real time.
- Google Calendar must be used for all reminders, events, and office / personal scheduling
- Google Calendar must also be used for the production schedule separately.
- Make sure the garage, storage areas, and trailer are kept perfectly cleaned and organized.
- Manage the company trailers and vans with an updated properly kept inventory list
- Organize your file organizer with PERMITS, FORMS, PUNCH, LAST WEEK, THIS WEEK, NEXT WEEK, COMPLETED AND AUDITED, AND FUTURE JOBS.
- Jobs are optimally built in accordance with the original estimate's margin or greater
- Maintain the proper staff numbers to exceed our goals.
- Print and give the week's labor orders to your Field Supervisors at the start of every work week
- Maintain a strong 2-week-out build timeline by building 10-20+ Full Roof Projects completed per week using 2-3+ crews
- Maintain subcontractor list up to date and manage our labor crews recruiting and hiring. You are in charge of the subs you use, and the quality that they perform. Hire and manages great subcontractors and vendors and negotiates pricing tightly.
- Subcontractors hired of any type must have a current COI with worker's compensation forwarded to us from their AGENT with our company listed as the Additional Insured, a W9 on file with 2 forms of ID (social and license work fine), and a subcontractor agreement on file with pricing and pay schedule agreed upon. All of this will be approved by South Shore manager. Put all documents in a labeled Manila folder for the subcontractor.
- 2019 Toyota Tacoma with unlimited gas card and weekly car wash and detail package
- Laptop with wifi hotspot; printer
- iPhone with Otterbox
- All equipment needed for day-to-day operations
- Zero fee 401k
- Private office with windows